I realize that this may not seem like such an accomplishment and is probably not so exciting to most (I mean it is really work, after all), but in the Anderson household and for me, it has been quite a feat!
Las night officially marked the end of the brief cooking spree. The grand finale was stuffed green peppers, and they were yummy!
1/3 cup chopped onion
one garlic clove--minced
one tablespoon oregano
salt and pepper to taste
1 can diced tomatoes
salt and pepper to taste
1 can diced tomatoes
1-2 teaspoons Worcestershire sauce (depending upon your tastes)
1/2 cup uncooked rice
1/2 cup beef broth or water
1 1/4 cup shredded Cheddar cheese
1 cans condensed tomato soup
water as needed
DIRECTIONS
1. Bring a large pot of salted water to a boil. Cut the tops off the peppers, and remove the seeds. Cook peppers in boiling water for 5 minutes (submerging with a spoon); drain. Sprinkle salt inside each pepper, and set aside.
1/2 cup uncooked rice
1/2 cup beef broth or water
1 1/4 cup shredded Cheddar cheese
1 cans condensed tomato soup
water as needed
DIRECTIONS
1. Bring a large pot of salted water to a boil. Cut the tops off the peppers, and remove the seeds. Cook peppers in boiling water for 5 minutes (submerging with a spoon); drain. Sprinkle salt inside each pepper, and set aside.
2. Preheat the oven to 350 degrees. In a large skillet, saute onions and minced garlic in olive oil, add ground turkey and cook until turkey is brown. Drain off excess fat, add the oregano and season with salt and pepper. Stir in the tomatoes, rice, 1/2 cup beef broth or water and Worcestershire sauce. Cover, and simmer for 15 minutes, or until rice is tender. Remove from heat, and stir in one cup of the cheese.
3. Stuff each pepper with the beef and rice mixture, and place peppers open side up in a baking dish. In a medium bowl, combine tomato soup with just enough water to make the soup a gravy consistency. Pour over the peppers.
4. Bake covered for 25 to 35 minutes, until heated through. During the last five minutes, remove cover and sprinkle remainder of cheese on top of the peppers. Cook until the cheese is melted.







2 comments:
Those peppers look yummy. I know the boys often talk about their mom's stuffed peppers so I've sure Tim enjoyed them.
I was looking at the picture at the top. Dustin is getting big already and we haven't seen him. I missed not coming to mom's house when you were here but wanted to keep him healthy. Hope to see you soon.
I LOVE stuffed peppers too! I know Greg does too but not sure about Ug! Looks yummy Kelly!
Post a Comment