Friday, June 11, 2010

The way to a little boy's heart


Most folks know that I love to cook, have a serious addiction to chocolate and am mildly obsessed with a food blog called Annie's Eats.  So, it should come as no surprise that any post with triple chocolate dreamy looking pleasantries sends me into a compulsive frenzy.  There is but one obstacle adoring man who prevents my household from overdosing on sweets and entering a chocolate coma.  Tim has attempt to remove sugar from his diet and thus, from our house.  He does not use sugar in his coffee and attempts to avoid sweet treats. 

Boring!!  Especially for me, with my penchant for baking tasty deserts and my ability to take in an additional 500 calories daily since I am breastfeeding baby Jackson.  How many people can throw in an additional 500 calories each day?  I figure the very best use of those calories is through chocolate deserts!

This particular chocolate cupcake has three layers of chocolate.  It includes a chocolate cake, chocolate ganache, and a chocolate cream cheese icing.  The recipe, found here, contains 22 ounces of chocolate and 3/4 cup and 6 tbsp. cocoa powder.  That is a lot of chocolate!  Overall, the cupcakes were pretty good, although the cake part was a bit too dense and dry to be included on my list of favorites.  Next time, I think I will try another chocolate cake recipe!

They say that the way into a man's heart is through his stomach.  That old saying sure does apply to little boys, too.

 This is Dustin, enjoying his chocolate cupcake.  After he ate a few bites, he said, "I love you momma!" 

No comments: