Friday, December 19, 2008

All I want for Christmas

Photos of the Christmas tree and our little man underneath!


I bought the ornament below at the Junior League's Holly Day Market--it has characters for Tim and I at the top, Dustin on one side and our lab, Gervaise on the other. Too cute!







This year, all I want for Christmas is the health and well-being of my family!
Tim and I have started to review the abstracts that the Hospital's medical library provided regarding CCAM. We have rescheduled the pediatric surgeon appointment (originally for December) once and are getting ready to reschedule a second time. Dustin has done so remarkably well that we have not focused on the medical condition and the next steps. I also can't think of little guy going through such a major operation!
One of the abstracts discusses research that indicated that ultrasound alone may not be conclusive in the diagnosis of CCAM. Given this information, we feel that additional imaging is warranted in order to obtain a conclusive diagnosis before we can make a decision about whether Dustin will undergo surgery to remove the mass. We are also looking into obtaining a second opinion from a pediatric surgeon at the Cincinnati Children's Hospital.
For now, our little man is exhibiting no signs of the diagnosis that caused us such concern during the pregnancy!


No comments: