Wednesday, April 21, 2010

A Whole Lotta Sugar

During my pregnancy with Dustin, I found myself enjoying lots of Starburst candies. Jackson, on the other hand, had me craving chocolate--in any shape, form, size and color. Of course, don't let me mislead you into believing that it was the pregnancy with Jackson that created this obsession with chocolate.


Chocolate and I are old acquaintances.

Alas, my now post-prego state still seeks out the sweet comforts of that chocolate. The challenge--I live with a husband who, for some crazy reason wants us to be more healthy.


Lately, I've been convicted that I need to fully live my life in the here and now--enjoying today, creating special memories and not putting off for tomorrow the joy that might be experienced today. I read this message just last week -- aptly put. I certainly do not want to live the postponed life! And, on Sunday listened to a sermon in part about living out the abundant joy today that God has before us today.


How does that relate to chocolate?


Not so much. But, the way I see it, there are two ways to apply this message to my fond affection toward that smooth brown tasty treat--I can either begin to honor the temple (my body) that God has for this time granted me to perform his will on earth. Or, today I can enjoy that lovely piece of chocolate (I mean, why should I put off that joy for tomorrow).



And so, below is a photo of my recent chocolate endeavor (please pardon the poor i-phone quality photos that are all posted on this blog entry):



This recipe is from annies-eats.com. I recommend that you drop everything (after finishing reading this blog, of course), run to your kitchen and whip this up. NOW!!!




(Maternity leave has given me time and opportunity to bake some sweet little treats!)




And, what would a post be absent a few photos of the sweetest sugar in the Anderson household?

Jackson on his playmat--we tried some tummy time. He instantly passed out. Mommy quickly rolled him back over (after taking this photo).




My little funny face.



Dustin and Daddy. What you can't see is that Dustin shortly thereafter kicked his Daddy out of his chair.

No comments: