Last week was hectic in the Anderson household. Tim and I have each been extremely busy at work and to top in off, we have been routinely getting up in the middle of the night with our little man! (I have now been up since around 3:30 this morning.)
We think that the sleep robber may be the oatmeal baby cereal that I began giving Dustin about a week and a half ago. It seems to bind him up and give him a belly ache at night. And so, I have switched back to the rice cereal. We are praying that this will help his little belly and prevent any more stolen Zs! Daddy and Mommy are in need of some rest.
Tim, Dustin and I visited Vanderbilt again on Friday to see a new surgeon. Her name is Dr. Jackson. While I am confident that her technical skills are fantastic, I did not find her to be a very compassionate individual. At this point, she will be doing the operation, which is currently scheduled for next week. Dr. Jackson indicated that Dustin will likely stay in the hospital 5-7 days and that Tim and I can stay there with him. The surgery will take about 3 hours.
Tim and I have discussed whether we are making the best decision for our son. I keep resonating on the UK surgeon's note, "It's hard to improve on asymptomatic". We have received advice from two other surgeons to remove the CCAM and are convinced that this is the best option for our little guy. Also, once the bad lung tissue has been removed, the remaining lung tissue will compensate. Hopefully, this will provide Dustin with the most optimal chance of having a normal childhood and just being a boy!
I have photos to post, only we have been moving furniture around in my house and we're not certain were the cord is for the camera! Our formal living room is now an area where the family can enjoy togetherness. We've moved our desks and Dustin's toys into this room. Since the area is carpeted (and our den is not), we thought it more conducive for a little boy learning to walk!
Speaking of milestones (no, he's not walking yet), Dustin waved to me last week and waved to the nurse at Vanderbilt! He is now sitting up unsupported, has 6 teeth, is making lots of baby chatter, is developing an affection for his blanky, is eating cereal, fruits, veggies and has tried chicken! It is so amazing to watch all of the new things that he does on a daily basis. He is also getting ready to be on the move--he slides across the floor and even moves backwards! The poor little guy, he wants so badly to crawl and gets a little frustrated. He is almost there!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)





No comments:
Post a Comment