Saturday, January 31, 2009

Winter Blast and Other Events of the Week

We experienced some pretty significant snow and ice this week! Some Kentuckians are still without power. Fortunately for us, we never lost power! I took a few photos and have posted them below (bear with me, my good camera is being sent back to the manufacturer for a repair--it's hasn't been working correctly since way before Christmas).

















The tree in the front of the house is completely weighed down with ice. As you can see, the top is actually touching the ground!! Tim and a tree company trimmed most of the trees in our yard last Summer, so I think we will have less debris than many folks! The temperature is supposed to warm up in the 50's tomorrow; the weather forecasters have then predicted another snow storm for Monday/Tuesday! I am going to pick up a sled while I am out today. It is time for my Carolina boy to experience some sledding!

Dustin had his 6 month check up on Friday (he is now 6 months, 2 weeks old). Everything looks good with our little man! He is in the 90th percentile for length. Perhaps we have a Michael Jordan on our hands! He received another round of vaccinations yesterday. I gave him a little Tylenol right before the doctor's visit and he has done so well! No fever! Little guy has 4 teeth coming in on the top of his mouth (to join the two on the bottom), so he hasn't had the most comfortable week! He also passed all of his 6 month milestones! Who would have thought that saying vowel sounds like "eh" and "ah" is a milestone?!

Here he is, wearing his first pair of jeans:



You will also notice that I updated the blog look a bit. I decided it was time to use a background without "Happy Holidays", and so, here we are. I was also finally able to determine how to put a photo behind the title. I am embarrased by how simple this was. Duh!!

1 comment:

Lisa & David said...

Well, you'll have to help me with the picture behind the title thing! I don't even know if my background will do that - I may have to update! Loved having you guys over on Sunday!