Sunday, October 25, 2009

A week away -- VACATION!!

Once again, I have found myself behind on my blogging. Last month, we enjoyed a week away from the daily grind--we spent the week at Lake Cumberland. It was a very relaxing time and well needed! Here are a few photos from our week:


Here is a photo of the marina close to where Tim and I stayed--we stayed in a cute little cabin right inside a State Park.
A waterfall, as seen from the pontoon boat that we rented for an afternoon.

















We did lots of geocashing during our week stay at the lake. The goal was for Tim to reach 100 cashes while we were at the Lake. While we did not quite meet this goal, we had a good time hiking and finding some treasures. Tim was also able to debut this backpack, with Dustin riding in the back! Dustin really enjoyed the ride!


Me giving Dustin his milk while taking a ride in the Pontoon. He enjoyed the pontoon, but not the lifejacket!
Too much action for little man, he pooped out right on the boat!


We went swimming one evening in an indoor, heated pool at the lodge at the State Park. Dustin absolutely loved this swimming experience!


















This is a waterfall that we saw during one of our cashe searches.

















I just loved this sign outside of a dinner where we actually had lunch. Oh, the food that is served in small town USA!!


















A pretty photo of the lake.


















We had a very enjoyable week at the lake. I was even able to begin and finish a book during the week. I read the Shack--if you have not read it yet, I recommend this book. What a wonderful personification of God the Father, the Son and the Holy Ghost!

No comments: