Monday, June 1, 2009

We're Home!

We finally arrived home late Thursday evening!

We are all very happy to be sleeping in our own beds again (especially Dustin, who smiled up at me from his crib). Most of all, Tim and I are very grateful to be home with little Dustin! We certainly believe that all of the many, many prayers raised up on Dustin's behalf were heard and answered! (This is totally happy dance worthy!)

Tim, Dustin and I have each been trying to catch up on all of the sleep that we missed during the month of May. I'm not certain that we'll ever fully catch up, but we are all feeling much better.

Dustin is making wondrous progress. He is now beginning to crawl, can sit up from a position of lying down and has returned to making more of the consonant sounds that he made prior to his surgery. His disposition also more closely resembles the pre-surgery Dustin. I am also relieved that his food intake is progressively increasing, since we've been home. This has been a concern of mine, given that Dustin had lost 3-4 pounds and was looking all skin and bones. He is beginning to fill out a bit.

It is so amazing and encouraging to see the rapid healing progress take place. Earlier this evening, I was even able to remove the bandage covering the chest tube site and replace it with a regular old band aid! The chest tube site is healing over quite nicely!

We were able to enjoy a little bit of pool time this past weekend. We were very careful not to get Dustin's chest tube site wet. We are also keeping him away from other kids and people in general to avoid any potential exposure to illnesses, at this time. Dustin very clearly enjoyed the change of scenery and the pool time.

Below are some photos of our fun time at the pool:






1 comment:

Shawn Anderson said...

So glad to know you are home and starting to have some fun together again. I'm excited he is starting to eat better! Good luck at the therapist tomorrow!