I hope that you were able to enjoy some great grillins' today and celebrate all of the individuals who have worked hard and risked their lives to protect the freedom that we as Americans are able to enjoy.
I am looking forward to the day when Tim, Dustin and I can enjoy a cook out on the deck, with the patio furniture that is my mothers day and birthday present! My mouth is watering just thinking about it.
Well, before I re-cap the events of today, below are two photos of little man. See if you can tell the difference. It is subtle, but it's a big deal!
So, if you think that you know the difference between the two photos, email me or leave a comment to the blog and let me know your answer. There's no prize involved. Don't worry, if you're stumped, I'll reveal the answer tomorrow.
Now that I've held you in suspense:
- Dustin remains slow to drink his milk. I had decided to wean him from breastfeeding at this time, since it had been awhile since I'd breastfed him. I believe that we've been engaged in a battle of wills the past few days--Dustin will not drink from a bottle and I was intent on weaning from the breast. Today, Dustin won the battle of the wills. Weaning will be saved for another day.
- Dustin remained afebrile throughout the night and all day today!!
- Dustin was active again today--bearing weight on his legs, sitting on my hip to observe the world and playing in his crib.
- The doses of narcotics were switched to oral medications. Dustin refuses to take the medicine by mouth. He gags himself and gives them right back.
The biggest change today is the change in the photo, above. We are praying that this change will remain a constant, since Dustin is refusing to take a bottle and will not take his medications by mouth.
We believe that Dustin will be moved to the regular pediatric floor tomorrow. This is a good change, since Dustin is well enough not to require intensive care. Tim and I are comfortable with Dustin's progress and agree that he is ready for the floor. This change will be nice for Tim and me. We will have our own bathroom/shower in our room, four solid walls (not glass) and a bed that will accommodate both Tim and me. This is also the next step toward getting us home!
Earlier this evening I spoke with the mother of a 14 year old girl who has been in the ICU for two weeks. The daughter has some type of brain infection (the exact infection is unknown) that has been causing her to have seizures. She has been in a coma for almost two weeks. Yesterday, one of the neurologists asked her father if the parents have considered organ donation. Please pray for a miracle that would end the seizures and infection that this little girl, Taylor is experiencing.
Hearing stories such as Taylor's reminds Tim and me how fortunate and blessed we truly are. We are thankful for your prayers and support that have brought us through this experience. We believe that your prayers have been heard, that God has a plan for Dustin and that this story will ultimately bring Him glory!





2 comments:
No more feeding tube!!!
We are so excited by Dustin's progress! We love you guys and can't wait to see you soon!
Love,
Julia and Adam
Hey guys,
Yeah Kelly you can come visit me!! He looks so alert in the picture compared to the others! Not sure if I would worry about him not taking a bottle- that sounds normal, my girls were the opposite- they cried when I breast feed. I've heard other moms say their kids won't take a bottle and they had to just go straight to a sippy cup - I won't worry about it unless you want to wean him. Good luck.
Post a Comment